Listen to Episode 56 of ‘Blue Rush’: Giants Ride Defense to Fourth Straight Win feat. Jeff Feagles
Travel to Seattle, go up against the first place Seahawks, being led by your backup quarterback that has not won a game as a starter since 2014 … no problem. The Giants shocked many people Sunday when they took down Russell Wilson and the Seahawks, winning their fourth straight game. Colt McCoy managed the game and the defense was unbelievable to give the Giants a slight cushion in the NFC East, especially if Washington and Dallas lose Monday and Tuesday. Joe Judge has everybody buying in and Big Blue is scorching hot and hitting its stride. To break down the huge 17-12 win over the Seahawks, we bring you a brand new episode of the “Blue Rush” podcast with Lawrence Tynes and Paul Schwartz.
Blue Rush Opening Segment with Tynes & Schwartz:
- Giants win fourth straight game, led by a terrific effort from the defense. Patrick Graham’s defense is getting contributions from everyone across the board.
- Colt McCoy did what he was supposed to do. He managed the game and avoided any big mistakes.
- Defensive rookies playing a big role, credit to Graham and coaching.
- Joe Judge has to be in the Coach of the Year discussion.
- Evan Engram deflected interception. What is going on with him exactly?
- Wayne Gallman, Alfred Morris and the run game. Gallman ran incredibly in the second half. Morris had two TDs for first time in years. McCoy and Morris combo like it’s 2014 all over again.
- Special teams struggled and has some things to fix.
- NFC East standings. Giants have a chance to control the division going into their matchup against the Cardinals Sunday.
Jeff Feagles Interview:
Super Bowl 42 champion Giants punter, played with Giants 2003-2009, NFL’s all-time leader in punts, punt yards, consecutive games played, never missed a game in 22 seasons in the NFL, WFAN Giants pre-and-postgame analyst
- Growth of the Giants, defense becoming the talk of the town. Learning on the run.
- Joe Judge similarities to Tom Coughlin, Bill Parcells. Relating to players, losing bet to Engram, wearing Ole Miss gear, goes a long way with players.
- Believes Giants should win the NFC East.
- Breaking down the blocked punt and what happened.
- Pregame in NFC Championship Game in 2008 in Green Bay, Jay Alford snapping heaters to him, he was a lefty snapper.
- Leading up to holding Tynes’ game-winning kick and the aftermath of Tynes running to the locker room before Feagles can celebrate with him.
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. The next episode of the show drops Thursday.