Giving: A Habit Of The Wise – Open Heavens for Teens 9 December 2020
Topic — Giving: A Habit Of The Wise [Open Heavens for Teens 9 December 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
Read: Matthew 25:33-46
- And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
- Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
- For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
- Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
- Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
- When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
- Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
- And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
- Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
- For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
- I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
- Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
- Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
- And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Bible In One Year: Hosea 1-4; Jude 1:1-25
Giving is a form of obedience to God. As a child of God who carries the Holy Spirit, giving should be your lifestyle, just as obedience also. When God blesses you, it is not just to enrich you but for you to enrich others. The more you give, the more you will receive. The Bible says in Luke 6:38
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal, it shall be measured to you again.”
Giving is a form of generosity to God. When you give, you are not only doing it to the receiver, but also to God. God appears and interacts with us in many ways, which includes taking the form of strangers and the less privileged (Proverbs 19:17 ). So, be nice to people and cultivate the habit of giving. It is the wise thing to do.
Givers never lack.
Hymn: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
- I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.